Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Nuyorican Poets Cafe




Yesterday I went to Nuyorican Poets Cafe, a really cool place in the lower east side where talented spoken word poets and musicians come together and perform. They also do an open mic. Check out AriesxFlame's youtube channel. She performed last night and she was amazing.

"I still ponder if it was you or me that caused this
bliss of nothingness.

I pulled down my wall
Only to fall into a puddle of self absorbed traits that was hidden
Inside a crate

A crate that you kept beside you
And if only I knew
But I was blinded by the sweet murmurs
You said
But as soon as I let you in
All of that fled

It was inevitable that our fate
Resulted in pain
For only I

And when I let out my crys
No one heard them but me


Tranquility is infused inside my heart by your eminent ability to make me feel lovely
And I don’t mean to confuse you
But I feel more comfortable knowing you don’t understand me
Because your presence leaves me feeling vulnerable
I am not friends with fear
And communication was never my forte
But look closely at the way my eyes look at you
Because they talk louder then my lips ever will
Look at it under the moonlight
They’ll glisten softly
And tell you exactly what you wish to hear"

I wrote this poem a few years ago. I was nervous when I went up on stage to recite it. I just didn't look at anybody. The light shining in my eyes helped block out the people in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment