Saturday, October 13, 2012

Thakoon Addition Spring 2013










I love how Thakoon presents details. We see eye popping prints in a corner were our eyes are immediately drawn to before looking at anything else. When I think of something that is edgy I think of dark colors, leather jackets and combat boots but Thakoon was able to make this collection Edgy with splashes of color.

"I didn't get a job with any designer, because I didn't have the experience... I think that I had the gumption to sort of make a decision early on that, if I can't get a job as a designer with any other company, then I might as well just do it myself. Because I think that I had something in me, that I need to maybe prove that I could do this."

"Looking back it certainly takes a lot of guts, but at the time I was only focused on the next day. I wasn't even thinking long term. For me it was just the job in front of me. So I woke up and I said I need to order fabric now. And I woke up the next day and said, okay I need to find somebody to make these things for me. So it was just really looking at the day ahead."

Thakoon is a designer who was born in Thailand and raised in Omaha. He's now currently based in New york and dear God do I hope I run into him one day. I am obsessed with his other collections as well. Definitely check him out. I also find what he said inspiring in an interview I read about him. It's true that most jobs don't want to hire you because you don't have experience and you have to be lucky enough that maybe someone with a higher status will just have faith, believe in you and take you in but that didn't happen for Thakoon so instead he believed in himself and started his own thing.

Check out these links: Here , Here , Here


1 comment:

  1. love it love it love it!

    www.springchildren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete