Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Water supply
My adorable little neighbor
Can't live without rice

It was foolish of me for thinking Hurricane Sandy was nothing but a hype. It's scary to see all the damage it has caused New York and the homes it ruined. I am still going without power or water and it is expected to take around five days for it to come back. Unfortunately I live in one of the neighborhoods that was affected greatly by it. Luckily I do have some source of electricity which is in my hallway where I am currently stationed with my laptop. I never imagined something like this could happen. I hope every one is alright and is safe! 

I have no school tomorrow and I hope they cancel classes on Thursday as well because I have a midterm that I have been so lazy to study for. I also have two writing assignments neither of which I have started. All I have been doing since Sunday night is eat all our stock food which is nearly finished. I walked outside briefly with my mother once the storm cleared out and all of the restaurants are closed. I saw some phone booths knocked over and trees laying on the ground. I wish I brought my camera with me. My phone is taking forever to send and receive messages and I have the cutest little neighbor who keeps stopping by my door to play with our dogs. I found it funny when I saw them plug their rice cooker into the outlets of our hallway. 

These photos I saw online shocked me to see what condition we are in because last night I could barely hear the rain. Click here to view photos.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is so scary. It's been bad where I live, but it is nowhere near what you are going through. take care <3 <3 <3
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete