Monday, October 8, 2012

The Wind



      He always told me in his next life he wants to be the wind. Before he died he said, “Darling when the wind blows, know that I am near you circling around you. Listen deeply, for I am whispering sweet nothings. I will eternally be yours.” It’s been years since my husband was alive but not once since his body has left mine have I felt alone. When the wind blows I can hear him whisper “I am here” and I close my eyes and I feel him. 


I wrote this microfiction for class. I'm not sure what it was I read but I think it was a celtic prayer about the wind being whispers from God telling us everything will be okay...or something like that. I wish I could remember exactly what it said because it was beautiful and ever since I read it I appreciate the wind more. Whenever the wind blows my way I close my eyes and just listen. It's relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment